Due to our ever-increasing client base here at Walker Sime we have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
Working within a Greater Manchester Trust you will be part of a key project which is transforming the Healthcare offering across Manchester. At the forefront of this redevelopment, collaborating with a highly skilled team you will drive the project through to a successful completion.
At Walker Sime, we recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we’ll provide what you need to reach your full potential – including things like creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
The ins and outs of the role
As part of Walker Sime, you will be based alongside the wider team within the Greater Manchester Trust. This is a full-time opportunity; you will be required on site on average 3 days a week with the balance being home/office based.
As a highly skilled Project Manager with a wealth of experience working within the Healthcare sector, you will be fully au fait with overcoming the challenges of functioning in a live hospital environment.
You will have sound experience you can call upon to help you in this role, installing and moving highly technical and complex hospital equipment.
Managing the project from inception to completion, including handover and commissioning, you will be responsible for the likes of managing the appointment of the professional team to design the new facility, managing the construction through to practical completion and everything in between. A fantastic opportunity to help build a high performing team in this busy sector!
• Relevant professional qualification (s)
• Experienced as a Healthcare Project Manager
• Solid exposure working within a live hospital environment
• Experience working with highly complex hospital equipment
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• Team player attitude
• Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with end users, estate teams and suppliers etc
• Organised and methodical work ethic
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Achieve target deadlines set down by the client
• Liaise with clients, contractors and sub-contractors
• Obtain cost information from contractors and sub-contractors
• Contribute and share ideas which help to develop the quality of Walker Sime’s service
• Keep up to date with current developments and good practice within the industry
• Administer Quality Assurance in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
• Preparation of fee proposals and managing expenditure of time in line with fee proposal to ensure profitability
• Manage and oversee the project from inception to completion
• Agree and manage fee and fee forecasts, ensuring profitability at all times
• Ensure QA audit checks are carried out in accordance with the procedures and these audits are documented and evidenced on the system
• At all times ensure any potential risks to the business either client related or staff related are raised through the appropriate channels
• Assist with the compilation and production of bids
• Attend meetings and undertake site visits
• Take minutes of meetings during Project Team, Design Team, Progress meetings etc and issue to team.
• Produce Project Programmes using Microsoft Project
• Tender document preparation
• Tender reporting
• Contract administration and cost control
• Contract documents preparation
• Monitor and report on progress, financial and quality information on allocated projects/programmes
• Monitor and check accounts/invoices and make payments as required to consultants and contractors
In return for all your hard work we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We’re a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home-life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what makes us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
If you’d like to be part of it, to apply please send your CV to Clare Gilmour: email@example.com