We’ve got a great new NEC Project Manager position up for grabs. And if you’re the right person for the job there’ll be no shortage of landmark projects for you to get stuck into, as part of our specialist Project Management team.
At Walker Sime, we recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we’ll provide what you need to reach your full potential – including things like creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future-proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
About Walker Sime
Established in Manchester back in 1999 by Dez Walker and Jon Sime, Walker Sime has developed from a two-man band into one of the North West’s most well-respected Construction Consultancies.
These days, based out of three regional offices, our 100-strong team provides specialist services including; Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Commercial Consultancy, Bills of Quantities and Construction Design Management.
Our reputation as the go-to people for technical excellence and unrivaled client service is something we’re incredibly proud of. Always remembering that our clients get to choose the people they work with.
We get invited, often via client referral, to consult on a remarkably broad mix of briefs – working across public and private sectors on projects ranging from large scale infrastructure commissions to landmark regeneration, residential, commercial and hospitality developments.
The ins and out of the role
Fantastic opportunity to work on a North West-based project which is at the forefront of the maritime sector.
Managing the maintenance and new construction of the site which includes resurfacing of docks, building new dry walls, quay walls and implementation of craneage equipment
As a NEC Accredited PM you will be pivotal in maintaining the excellent client relationships Walker Sime has built over many years.
- NEC3 accredited PM – must be named person on an NEC contract
- 10 – 12 years Project Management experience
- Proven heavy civil engineering background
- Ideally experience in marine/ports/bridge/roads/water or sewage
- Relevant degree qualification
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen desire to build and maintain client relationships
Some added benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus based on company performance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Death in service benefit
- Income protection
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- The chance to buy and sell annual leave (up to 5 days per year)
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 – extra day after 3 years up to 28 days
- Flexible working
- Car allowance – where applicable
- Company mobile phone – where applicable
- Subsidised work do’s and funded staff events
- The best Christmas Party in (or out of) town!
- Flexible working and working from home
- Learning and development opportunities and payment of professional fees
- Employee assistance programme
- Regular salary reviews
In return for all your hard work, we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We’re a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home-life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what make us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
If you’d like to be part of it, to apply please send your CV to Clare Gilmour: firstname.lastname@example.org