Permanent / Full-time
Flexible – 2 days on site required
Hybrid & Flexible Working Policy
Here at Walker Sime we are seeking a client side Programme Manager will play a crucial role in the delivery of a crucial defence project. Working closely with the NEC Project Manager, your responsibilities will include assurance of contractor submitted programmes, on-site monitoring of progress, progress tracking, and performance reporting. Your keen eye for detail will be essential in reviewing and challenging construction programmes presented by Contractor. You will be at the forefront of assessing change in the programme and providing expert advice on programme-related contractual matters.
Ready to apply?
Know someone that would be perfect for this role? Send it their way using the icons below.
Your day to day –
- Collaborate with the NEC Project Manager and commercial manager to monitor, record, and report project progress and performance.
- Conduct thorough on-site monitoring and performance reviews, identifying opportunities for improvement and optimisation.
- Review and assess construction and design programs presented by contractors and subcontractors, ensuring accuracy and feasibility.
- Provide expert advice on program-related contractual matters, including NEC Clause 31 and 32 Programmes, Clause 62 Compensation Event Programmes.
- Assessing the program impact
- Risk Management
About you –
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field.
- Proven experience in project planning, with a focus on construction and design programs.
- Primavera P6 expert
- Cost and resource loaded programme experience
- Strong understanding of NEC contractual matters and relevant clauses, such as NEC Clause 31 and 32 Programmes, Clause 62 Compensation Event Programmes
- Meticulous attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Confident with communication and presenting pieces of work
Why Walker Sime –
We could tell you about the game-changing investment in our business which has enabled us to grow our team and our offering, or the landmark projects we get to be part of across the UK, or the opportunities that our people have for career progression.
But, by far the most important aspect of this job description is that we’re all about the people.
We create an environment where people feel valued, respected, and inspired, so we can bring out the best in everyone. Our focus on career development means that we provide our team with the tools and resources they need to grow and progress within their roles. This not only helps our business to thrive but also allows our people to reach their full potential and achieve their career aspirations. Ultimately, we believe that happy and motivated employees lead to satisfied clients and a successful business.
The Walker Sime Promise –
For all your hard work we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We’re a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home-life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what make us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
If you’re a dedicated and detail-oriented Planner ready to take on an exciting challenge, we invite you to apply. Be part of a team that drives innovation and excellence in every project.
If this sounds a bit of you, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!