With an 83% repeat business rate from our fantastic, well-renowned client base, it’s no wonder we need to recruit more top talent!
We’ve got a great new Project Management position up for grabs and if you’re the right person for the job there’ll be no shortage of landmark projects for you to get stuck into, as part of our specialist Project Management Team based in Leeds.
At Walker Sime, we recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we’ll provide what you need to reach your full potential – including things like creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future-proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
The ins and outs of the role
As part of Walker Sime, you will be working alongside our highly skilled Project Management Team to deliver on a number of key projects across our established public and private sector client base. Notable projects include leisure developments, heritage refurbishment programs, strategic logistic parks, innovative residential developments, plus many more!
As a dynamic, experienced Project Manager, you will possess excellent communication skills which will enable you to build and maintain solid client relationships. You will be driven, demonstrating a genuine passion to provide unrivalled levels of service, whilst displaying a keen desire to progress to Senior PM level within the next 2-3 years, championed by our progressive team Director.
With a portfolio of projects to manage from inception to completion, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team within this busy sector!
- Relevant professional qualification (s)
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years PQE experience
- Solid exposure working within the field of Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Driven to progress your career with an organisation that will invest time to help you succeed
- Understanding of NEC and JCT forms of contract
- Team player attitude
- Able to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Organised and methodical work ethic
- Proactive approach to the task in hand
General duties and responsibilities
- Achieve target deadlines set down by the client
- Liaise with clients, contractors and sub-contractors
- Obtain cost information from contractors and sub-contractors
- Contribute and share ideas which help to develop the quality of Walker Sime’s service
- Keep up to date with current developments and good practice within the industry
- Administer Quality Assurance in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Preparation of fee proposals and managing expenditure of time in line with fee proposal to ensure profitability
- Manage and oversee projects from inception to completion
- Agree and manage fee and fee forecasts, ensuring profitability at all times
- Ensure QA audit checks are carried out in accordance with the procedures and these audits are documented and evidenced on the system
- At all times ensure any potential risks to the business either client-related or staff related are raised through the appropriate channels
- Assist with the compilation and production of bids
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits
- Take minutes of meetings during Project Team, Design Team, Progress meetings and issue to team.
- Produce Project Programmes using Microsoft Project
- Tender document preparation
- Tender reporting
- Contract administration and cost control
- Contract documents preparation
- Monitor and report on progress, financial and quality information on allocated projects/programmes
- Monitor and check accounts / invoices and make payments as required to consultants and contractors
We will provide support and guidance to enhance the candidate’s experience!
In return for all your hard work we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We’re a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home-life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what make us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Clare Gilmour (Talent Acquisition Manager) email@example.com
Alternatively do not hesitate to reach out to Clare if you are a candidate looking to discuss this role further.