Equans Project Management Office
Equans, a Facilities Management and Capital Works Contractor, are operating for the Manchester Royal Infirmary to deliver a diverse range of capital projects valued at circa £50 million per annum.
Given the complexity and scale of their portfolio, Equans recognised the need for a centralised system to enable efficient management and reporting of project data.
We were engaged to implement a Project Management Office (PMO) to enhance Equans’ capabilities and collaboration, and to streamline reporting and communication. As part of the PMO we consolidated systems into a single SharePoint, using Microsoft Tables and Power BI to manage, analyse and report.
This centralised system eliminated the need for traditional methods, such as spreadsheets, and enabled comprehensive management across the entire portfolio. Project-related data was able to be retrieved from a single source of truth, on dynamic, real-time dashboards on matters such as cost, change, risk, and schedule.
1. Understand the objectives, the portfolio and programme of projects.
2. Review of current processes, governance, and organisational maturity.
3. Defining the outputs of the PMO.
4. Designing and building the bespoke PMO using Microsoft Power BI.
5. Implementation and data upload.
6. Training and handover.
7. Ongoing maintenance and future planning with the client.
- Client: Equans
- Value: Circa £50M per annum
- Location: Manchester
- Service: Project Management Office