We’ve got a great new Quantity Surveyor position up for grabs and if you’re the right person for the job there’ll be no shortage of landmark projects for you to get stuck into, as part of our specialist Quantity Surveying Team based in Leeds.
At Walker Sime, we recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we’ll provide what you need to reach your full potential – including things like creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future-proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
The ins and out of the role
Due to our ever-increasing client base here at Walker Sime, we have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join us on a permanent basis.
Based in the Leeds office (flexible home-working 2-3 days a week) you will be joining an expanding team who are progressive, switched on and working on some fantastic large-scale projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to come in and make your mark, driving forward your career with the support of a highly skilled team.
Initially providing support across various projects until you find your feet, you will ultimately go on to having full ownership and autonomy. Working in the Buildings sector you will be looking after Residential, Apartment, Industrial and Leisure schemes valued between £10m – £40m.
As part of quantity surveying team, you will ensure client satisfaction through the development of Client Relationships and through the provision of excellent service delivery.
- A minimum of 2-3 years post-graduate experience
- Achieved a degree in quantity surveying
- Chartered or working towards MRICS
- Proven experience within a consultancy
- General knowledge of JCT forms of contract
- Experience within the buildings sector is preferable but not essential
- Experience in Pre-Contract and Post Contract responsibilities (As noted below).
- Enthusiastic attitude who is keen to hit the ground running
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and confidence engaging with stakeholders
- Work with your line manager to achieve target deadlines set down by the Clients
- Liaising with clients, contractors and sub-contractors or any other members of the design teams on the projects
- Attendance at design and project meetings.
- Obtain up to date cost information from contractors and sub-contractor
- Production of cost estimates, cost plans and pre-tender estimates.
- Production of tender documents, review tender returns and provide a tender report.
- Collation of Contract Documents.
- Attend any project meetings alongside the Senior and assist with any preparation for the meeting
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly valuations, gain sign off and issue where appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly cost reports, and issue to Client where appropriate.
- Administer and issue Variation Instructions, Contract documents, Tender documents and Contract Amendments
- Ensure attendance at progress meetings and document minutes, ready to issue to the rest of the design team
- Liaise with the Senior to deal with day-to-day actions and correspondence as required
- Assist with controlling and managing all financials, the project programme and any contractual issues arising
- Ensure all Walker Sime actions arising from the meetings are carried out
- Prepare and present together with the Senior, monthly cost reports to the Client
- Carry out valuations and prepare recommendations for payments
- Agree and value any variations
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute and share ideas that help to develop the quality of Walker Sime’s service
- Keep up to date with current developments and good practice within the industry
- Administer Quality Assurance in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
In return for all your hard work we promise you a fun and positive place to work, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, plus loads more benefits.
We’re a progressive and flexible employer and we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance which is reflected in our commitment to providing a home/life friendly working environment.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what make us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
To apply please send your CV to Clare Gilmour: firstname.lastname@example.org