The Walker Sime Planning team is growing!
Collaborating with a key client within the Infrastructure sector, we have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Planner to join our Programme Management team.
Working on large scale warehouse and storage facilities within the defence sector, you will be encouraged to make your mark as part of this prestigious scheme.
With the backing of the wider Walker Sime Programme Management team, you will be based on the client site in Barrow 2 days a week. The remaining 3 days can be worked remotely.
We are open to Permanent and Freelance candidates for this role.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Provide/Implement high quality planning and scheduling standards and expertise to project managers and clients.
- Programme Reviews and health checks Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme and agree timeline.
- Establish key outputs and supporting programme control reporting metrics.
- Develop overall programme, issue to all parties for review and implement recommendations, innovation, and best practice as applicable.
- Apply resource levelling techniques as necessary.
- Interface with third parties to identify and resolve issues.
- Ensure the integration of project controls procedure into the project delivery process.
- Production of monthly planning reports, resource updates and projections.
- Production of reports informing of any schedule impacts and their effects of programme and completion including issue and acceptance of early warning notices.
- Develop and maintain scheduling procedures for the assigned programmes.
- Ensures major projects and Masterplans are integrated across all functional groups including finance, commercial design, and project management.
- Sets objectives for own job area to meet the goals of the projects and assignments.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area.
- Keep up to date with current developments and good practice within the industry.
- Assist the AD’s/ Directors with business development and growing client base.
- Assist the AD’s/Directors with the management/mentoring and guidance of sub-ordinates i.e. Trainees/Assistants/Graduates and Planner
- A recognised diploma or degree or be qualified by experience.
- Significant experience in all aspects of Planning and scheduling, in Primavera P6 & MSP
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion, forecasting and status reporting.
- Experience across the whole project and programme life cycle.
- Strong understanding of the primary forms of construction contracts and the key commercial terms.
- Strong influencing and coaching skills and the ability to adapt approach dependant on the situation and audience.
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with colleagues. Stakeholders and senior managers.
- Strong IT skills
- 4d and BIM knowledge
- Experience in the defence/infrastructure sector
- Experience of working under different forms of contracts such as NEC3/4 IchemE/FIDIC
- SC Clearance
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity and would like to join our ever growing, talented and diverse QIS team, do not hesitate to contact Clare Gilmour or Emma Garner
Clare Gilmour (Talent Acquisition Manager) email@example.com
Emma Garner (Associate Director of the Programme Management Team) firstname.lastname@example.org