Manchester Based (site visits required once a month)
Hybrid Working Policy (2 days per week office-based)
We’ve got a great new Senior Quantity Surveyor position up for grabs! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the Birkenhead 2040 framework; a 20-year plan which sets out the most radical proposals for the town since the 1947 Town Plan.
At the heart of the proposal is the creation of family-friendly neighbourhoods with beautiful green public spaces and parks. The plan will re-connect the revitalised town centre with the amazing opportunities along the Mersey waterfront, and will make the most of the town’s iconic heritage and buildings. The changes are already underway with the development of Wirral Waters, Wirral Growth Company’s new office quarter, the market in the town centre, and the opening of Eureka!
You would be joining our ever-growing specialist Quantity Surveying Infrastructure Team (QSI) based in Manchester.
At Walker Sime, we recruit for attitude and train for skills. So, if you bring the right character, we will provide you with everything you need to reach your full potential – including creating the right working environment for you to grow, rewards for effort, and recognition for success. We aim to ensure our people and our business are future proof, so we invest in training to equip our whole team with the skills for today and tomorrow.
The Ins and Outs of the Role
In collaboration with Walker Sime, Wirral Council have been establishing a PMO which will allow them to successfully deliver the Birkenhead 2040 framework and wider regeneration programme. Due to the success of the PMO development, Walker Sime have also been appointed to deliver the implementation of the PMO.
- Work with Wirral Council Project Managers and staff to develop project cost plans and cashflow forecasts; all in a standardised format that has already been created by Walker Sime as part of the development phase of the PMO build. Information will be collated utilising agreed Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS).
- Provide monthly commercial reports, reporting on forecast and budget movements and provide proposed mitigation options.
- Alongside the Council Project Managers update the project risk registers.
- Provide training and support to existing council staff on the management of the commercial aspects of the PMO.
Essential Experience Required
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying
- A full member of the RICS or working towards your accreditation
- Solid experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the infrastructure sector; ideally with highways, regeneration or local authority exposure
- Experience working within a PMO and/or Project Controls environment
- Sound experience in commercial reporting, cashflow forecasting and cost planning
- High attention to detail which is focused on successful project delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Analytical and methodical approach to tasks
Desirable Experience Required
- Sound NEC knowledge
- Experience within Earned Value Management
- Defined Cost Auditing
- Desire to build and maintain client relationships
- Mentoring and guiding employees within your team
- Managing and overseeing projects from inception to completion
- Agreeing and managing fees and fee forecasts, ensuring profitability at all times
- Continual aim to develop and learn management skills
- Ensure QA audit checks are carried out in accordance with the procedures and these audits are documented and evidenced on the system
In return for all your hard work we promise you a supportive environment, excellent remuneration including a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, flexible working plus loads more benefits.
Diversity and inclusion goes way deeper than a tick in a box at Walker Sime. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It’s what makes us such a well-rounded, well-grounded work family.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity and would like to join our ever growing, talented and diverse team, do not hesitate to contact Clare Gilmour (Talent Acquisition Manager) email@example.com