Due to continued growth within Walker Sime, we have a brand-new requirement for an experienced HR Officer to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly adept HR professional who has the drive and enthusiasm to take on this role and really make it their own.
As an integral part of the Central Services function, you’ll be a team player who becomes fully embedded into the business, sharing our main purpose of providing crucial support to the wider organisation.
Underpinning this role is the HR Strategy which you’ll work alongside the Director of People & Culture to deliver, championing continual improvement.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar HR based role
· HR qualification desirable but not essential
· Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build solid relationships across a diverse group; establishing yourself as the ‘go to’ person for HR related queries
· An approachable persona who is able to listen empathically; providing sound advice
· Up to date knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures, with the confidence to drive and police these policies throughout the business
· Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
· Driven and motivated personality who is adept at working independently and can take ownership of this role
· Proactive attitude who thinks outside the box and makes positive changes
· Ownership of the onboarding process; working alongside recruitment to ensure all new starters receive an excellent onboarding service; issuing offer letters and contracts, closing out offers, gathering references, sending new starter packs, conducting inductions and probationary reviews
· Issuing sub-consultant agreements together with any contract amendments
· Setting up and maintaining electronic people folders
· Keeping up to date with HR legislation and policies, ensuring these are instilled within the business and kept up to date
· Support the Dir of P&C by liaising with the retained HR Consultants on a case-by-case basis
· Maintaining HR payroll data – referrals, sick pay, maternity pay etc
· Ownership of the benefit schemes; ensuring new starters are enrolled into all eligible benefits including pension
· Managing the starters/leavers process
· Issuing general people correspondence
· Carrying out HR audits
· Assisting Line Managers with the performance appraisal process; ensuring they are conducted on time and the relevant training records are updated
· Typing up staff/freelance files notes
· Maintaining absence/sickness records; ensuring return to work forms are completed where necessary; carrying out return to work interviews for any long term absences or recurring absences
· Processing employee claims against the loyalty reward benefit schemes
· Working closely with the Director or People and Culture to provide adhoc HR support; helping to deliver people initiatives
To apply please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com