Bills of Quantities
Edinburgh St. James
Walker Sime produced the measurements and bills for the project in its entirety using state-of-the-art software.
The Edinburgh St. James project is a mixed-use development with an estimated investment value of over £1 billion.
Based in the heart of Scotland’s capital, the development sits closely to Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street, the city’s central shopping precinct.
Laing O’Rourke is the Principal Contractor charged with delivering the project on a £475m design-and-build contract. The development replaces the St. James Centre – originally constructed in the 1970s.
Key features of the Edinburgh St. James complex include:
• 1,600 covered car parking spaces
• 80 new shops
• 30 new restaurants and bars
• 150 new homes
• 3 new attractive public squares
• 250+ room W Edinburgh hotel
• 70+ room Roomzzz aparthotel
• The first Everyman cinema in Scotland
- Client: Laing O’Rourke
- Value: £475m
- Location: Edinburgh
- Service: Bills of quantities
Image courtesy of Laing O’Rourke Construction Ltd.