If you’re a Cost Engineer with expertise in highways and project controls, an incredible opportunity awaits you!
In this role, you’ll become an integral part of our existing team, providing invaluable commercial support to the National Highways Smart Motorway Alliance (SMA). The SMA, comprised of six dynamic partners, is actively involved in delivering a vital portion of the National Highways Smart Motorway Programme (SMP). This ground-breaking initiative represents a once-in-a-generation transformation that will revolutionise the nation’s Strategic Road Network (SRN).
At Walker Sime, we take pride in leading the charge in delivering top-notch commercial and project controls services to our esteemed Smart Motorway Alliance partners.
Your Journey with Us –
As a key player in our dynamic team, your responsibilities will revolve around setting up projects within the National Highways project controls system PRISM. This involves undertaking pivotal tasks such as establishing budgets and defining planned positions for Earned Value Management, laying the foundation for the success of transformative initiatives.
Dive into the Details –
Immerse yourself in comprehensive commercial reporting and analysis of commercial data. Your expertise will be crucial in providing our clients with the essential information and insightful advice necessary for making informed and strategic management decisions.
Why Walker Sime?
Join us at the forefront of innovation, where your skills and passion for project controls will not only be valued but will also contribute significantly to the success of Smart Motorway Alliance projects. At Walker Sime, we’re not just shaping projects; we’re shaping the future
Ready to apply?
Know someone that would be perfect for this role? Send it their way using the icons below.
Detailed Project Scope –
Cost Engineering & Reporting
- Establishing the cost capture strategy for the Scheme and managing cost capture and alignment to the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) within Ares PRISM in accordance with Client and Alliance integrated project control manuals and processes
- Facilitate baselining process and strategy ensuring alignment between Scope, Programme and Value
- Provide monthly reports on Partner compliance with the Alliance processes and an associated improvement plan where applicable
- Review and analysis of forecasts submitted by Partners on a scheme to ensure they correspond with the overarching Scheme programme
- Calculation and assurance of scheme Partner accruals and providing associated records to the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Working with the Alliance Partners to provide commentary on Monthly, yearly and out-turn spend accuracy and variance analysis with the ability to provide a detailed narrative of any deviations
- Preparation and submission of cashflow forecasting
- Support with the preparation of the financial section of the Scheme dashboards or other alliance reporting
- Provide a monthly report to the Programme Commercial Lead on the cost performance of the project including key variances and areas of concern using trending estimating and forecasting,
- Assist the Head of Cost Management and Programme Commercial Lead finalise the EVM results and narratives each period
- Manage the identification and reporting of spend levers and risks on the Scheme with regard to the Client financial budgets
- Identifying and reporting on lessons learnt or recommendations for increasing efficiency or value for money
Audit & Assurance
- Check cost allocation at a scheme level to ensure costs are allocated correctly within the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS)
- Assurance of PRISM information submitted by the Partners and ensuring that information flows through to the Client financial and reporting systems providing accurate reporting
- Validating the budgeted cost of work performed and budgeted cost of work scheduled each period confirming they align to the latest applicable Scheme Budget and programme
- Ensure robust records are maintained for all cost and earned value reporting
- Ensure risk reported in PRISM is aligned with risk reported in the Alliances risk management system Xactium
- Ensure that change control processes are managed effectively
- Maintaining financial impact assessments for instructed change
- Revising baselines when change is implemented in accordance with governance approvals
- Managing the impact of inflation in cost forecasting and budget
Essential Experience Required
- Experience working within a PMO and/or Project Controls environment
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound experience in commercial reporting, cashflow forecasting and cost planning
- High attention to detail which is focused on successful project delivery
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable in a client facing role
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Analytical and methodical approach to tasks
- Sound NEC knowledge
- Experience within Earned Value Management
In Return –
We are a progressive and flexible employer, prioritising a healthy work-life balance, which is evident in our home-life friendly working environment. At Walker Sime, diversity and inclusion are not checkboxes; they are integral to our culture. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
Embark on this exciting journey with Walker Sime, where your expertise and passion for cost engineering will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our roadways.